'are you flirting with me or are you like this to everyone' a classic novel by me
REmix by Schueller
BEST. MOMENT. OF. MY. LIFE
My sexual orientation is girls who look like they could beat me up and boys who look like they wouldn’t stand a chance
Holy fuck life goal.
how about for day of silence straight people have to be quiet and listen to queer people all day
As we have so recently and publicly discussed, girls and women have “anger issues” in that they are socialized to not demonstrate anger, but instead to sublimate it where it can sometimes then manifest itself as anxiety or depression. Girls are not born less angry and more anxious, they’re rewarded for being less angry and more anxious. So, it should come as no surprise to anyone that large groups of stressed out girls and women collectively facing the dissolution of a cohesive social structure might be more disposed to fall prey to mass psychosis. It is arguable that men and boys experience similarly jarring episodes of anger and anxiety-channelling mass psychosis, but we call it male aggression and fund military industrial complexes to deal with it.Soraya L. Chemaly, Stop Telling Girls They’re Hysterical (via ktnkz)
forest houses!The first one is basically my dream house.
Katchoo, David, and Francine from Terry Moore’s Strangers in Paradise Volume 2.
This is required reading for the Gender Through Comics course that’s about to start (it’s still open for enrollment, check it out!) but it’s been a pleasure thus far. Moore’s art style is gorgeous and fun, and I’m particularly charmed by Francine’s “chunky” figure: it’s not every day I flip through a comic to find a heavy gal who isn’t a punchline or a two-paneled background character.
I have a lot of thoughts already on the story itself, but I think I’ll save that for class discussion.
brouhahaha asked: Any tips for intimidated first-timer girls that want to go into a comic shop and order Lumberjanes? Like, will shops know what I'm handing them or will they be like "who are you what is this why are you here?"
1. Wear your favorite plaid shirt
2. Take your best friend with you, because friendship
3. The comic shop employees should be happy to get the form because all the information is on it and they don’t have to look anything up, thus making their jobs easier
4. If they are rude, take the form back, yell A CURSE UPON THIS SHOP, then take your business to another shop
5. If you can actually perform curses, that would be ideal.
6. Walk away in slow motion as the shop explodes behind you. Don’t look at the explosion. Taylor Swift’s “Trouble” plays.
7. “They shouldn’t have messed with me” you say grimly
8. I forgot what we were talking about